Friday, August 21, 2009

KL trip 12th August 2009

Went to KL for a meeting with customer on Wednesday. I was worried that the haze was going to be bad but was relieved when we reached. It was'nt so bad after all and with the afternoon shower, it actually cleared the haze. My last trip to KL was about 2-3 years back.
It seems different now, it seems more happening than Singapore, the retail stores have a much stronger character and the quality of goods are much better.
Singapore is fast losing its appeal as a shopping paradise, at least in my opinion. Ridiculous high rents have driven creative shops owners up the wall and we are left with uncharismatic big companies that are able to pay the rent. Thats why all the malls are looking the same as they are just carbon copies of each other.
I get a bit of that too in KL but I still see lots of other stores that are unique and special. Some are very daring, with decorations you would expect to see for example in Japan instead. 
As usual, I over ate when I was there. The food was simply irresistable! The great sale was on too! I had a session of foot massage at Mid Valley and the price was half of Singapore after the conversion! Shiok!
Planning another trip there soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment