Monday, April 7, 2014

Fraser Hill, Genting Highland & Cameron Highlands 7th-9th Feb 2014, Part 3.

The last part of this trip starts with Breakfast!!


 
 
 
The kaya toast was fantastic man, crispy on the outside soft on the inside, mmmmmmm....
There's just something about the morning air and having breakfast at an old coffee shop in some small sleepy town that always make the trip worth it.
 
I even chanced upon an old cinema.
 
I can imagine it in its heyday, in a time when a trip to the cinema was an event in itself. The design of the grill at the ticket booth was amazing, it harks back to the 1940's & 50's.
That old world charm always attract my attention, I guess I'm a sucker for nostalgia.
 
Next stop, Cameron Highlands!!!  Woohoo!!!
 
The weather was good and the traffic was smooth.
I took over the driving for about an hour as my friend was tired. Although I hold a driver's license, I don't own a car. So, I was very cautious when I took over. It was quite easy driving on the north south highway though. Plus the traffic was not bad at all.
 
My friend took over the driving again as we ascended Cameron highlands. It started to get crowded as we approach the top and as it was a weekend too, certain bottle necks started jamming as cars jostle for space.
 
We stopped along the way top take pictures and buy fruits.
 
 
 




Needless to mention, the weather was great, nothing like cool, clean air and the natural forest.

We stopped at the bee farm and I bought a bottle of honey. Then my friend told me to drive again as he was feeling tired.
I made my way down the meandering roads from the bee farm safely to the main road. I then headed to where my ex-neighbour's farm is, to buy some corn.
As we reached the farm, I was pointed to a slot in between two cars by my friend and I put the car straight in, unfortunately the angle was wrong and the back of the car was sticking out. I tried to reverse but stepped on the gas too much and banged into the back of a car and scratched the side of the rear!! My friend quickly got down and drove the car away to park elsewhere!! LOL!
Lesson learnt,  don't drive when you are not confident!

After buying some stuff from my ex-neighbor, we headed for the Boh tea plantation.
Unfortunately, we went to the wrong one due to some bad directing from Locals! Yes, locals!
When we finally reached the right one, it was packed with tourists!!
I queued up to buy tea and cakes and we had a nice tea break at the tea house.



After enjoying the tea and fresh air, we left the highlands around 4-5pm.
We drove back to my friend's in-laws house for the night.

The next morning, we headed back towards Johor as it was a long drive and we stopped and shopped there for a while and had a foot massage before heading back home to Singapore.

Mission accomplished.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment