Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cycling: Lower/Upper Pierce Reservoir

Went on a cycling trip to Lower and Upper Pierce reservoir on Sunday 15th March. We met up at K Yong's house downstairs at 7:30am. I had breakfast at a nearby coffee shop before meeting them.
We went by the Park connector route. From potong pasir along the canal beside St. Andrew secondary school we travelled upwards towards bishan. The air was fresh in the morning, joggers and other cyclist was also travelling along the track. It was quite busy, I guess its a Sunday and most people choose it to be their exercise day.

The route was quite scenic and easy to follow, we had no trouble reaching Bishan park. Hakim and me were on mountain bikes, the rest were on foldies.

Bishan park was crowded with people doing their morning exercises. There were people of all ages sharing and enjoying the park.







We crossed the road from Bishan park to Lower Pierce side and took a break at the jetty there to take some photos.

The weather was good and the sky was really clear. The moon could still be seen, which I find it weird at 8:30 in the morning.

After the break, we continued on towards Upper pierce by the connecting road. There were many cyclist along the way, there must be some competition going on somewhere because I can see number tags on their seat posts.
Its been a while since I went cycling at such an early hour so I find the air especially sweet smelling and cool. It did'nt felt tiring or straining at all.
We entered the gate of Upper Pierce and was immediately greeted with a steep downhill, GREAT!! I positioned myself in the Aero position and just let loose all the way down. SHIOK!!!
Then came the not so shiok part, The CLIMB!! Man, My thighs were burning going uphill as my gears were limited to only a certain range as I was riding Foong's Frame which I modified and could'nt access certain gears.
The girls were complaining about the climb but they still made it through. Nothing beats a good sweating early in the morning!
We took a well deserved break at the reservoir. Enjoyed the scenery and the toilet break.
An uncle came over to us and was admiring the foldies, when he enquired about the price, he was shocked to hear about the $1500 price tag.
After resting, we made our way back out with somemore groaning and cursing over the climbs. We headed up the road to the end of the track, made a U-turn just before the track joins the main road and headed for the prata shop. We went to the prata shop further down the more famous one as its less crowded. The prata there was pretty good too. It was quite sinful because we just put back double what we burnt on the way there!
After the meal, it was the same way back from where we came.
I reached home before 12pm and was quite happy that I still had a full day ahead. Looking forward to next morning ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment