Saturday, October 3, 2009

F1 Fernando Alonso in town


















Fernando Alonso was in town for the F1 night race. I was invited to the STILE launching of their Alonso inspired Silestone range of products.

Fernando arrived late and sporting a bad mood, apparently he had just woken up as his body was still running Euro clock. It has been a week filled with rumours and accusations of his move to Ferrari next year and the Renault crash inccident at last years night race.
He was not very tall, I think approx. 1.65m. Quite surprised.
The place was packed with people and it was obvious that most of the people there were not invited as they were fans.
They hogged the double F1 world champion and I had to throw my cap given at the door to let him sign. It never came back. Crap!!

Before I left I saw the staff at Builder's shop carrying like 20 caps away to hide!!! WTF!!! Very disappointed with the organising and staff involved. I left feeling cheated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment