Saturday, October 3, 2009

Xu Jia Ying LaLa in town





























Went down to bugis to see Xu Jia Ying aka LaLa perform. I hardly listen to any chinese music but she really caught my attention with her performances on the Taiwan Million Star variety show.

She writes most of her own songs and their melodies sounds so good to me 'Live'. But unfortunately her CD album did not managed to capture the sounds of her raw vocals and folk guitars she did during the 'live' shows of the contest. Most unfortunate for her. This is probably due to the producer producing her album. Many times I have attended concerts where the Artist sounds so much better 'live' than the CD. We call it over designed in my field.

Anyway it was great to be able to hear and see her 'live', such a charismatic girl, no wonder she is such a good composer.

No comments:

Post a Comment